Want to put off paying tax and grow your retirement savings faster? Register your investments in a Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) and watch your money grow.
An RRSP is right for you if you're 71 or younger, you earn taxable income, and you want to save for your retirement.
- Get money back or tax savings when you make RRSP contributions.
- Investment income isn't taxed as long as it stays in your RRSP. This means that your savings will grow faster in an RRSP than if they weren’t registered.
- Under certain conditions, your RRSP is protected from creditors in the event of personal bankruptcy.*
- If you qualify, you can use the money in your RRSP, up to a maximum of $20,000, to buy or build a home under the Home Buyers' Plan (HBP) or to pay for school under the Lifelong Learning Plan (LLP).
* Exemption from seizure rules can be complex. If you're concerned, you should consult a legal advisor (lawyer or notary) for an assessment of your situation.
RRSP-eligible savings products
Guaranteed investment funds